Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Reflection #9

Technology is really important throughout today’s world. I never thought it would be as important in school teaching. It goes as far as grade books being recorded by using the computer and clocking in to work using different computer technology. Whatever happened to the old traditional way of technology use? I have learned that power points are a really important way of delivering lessons today. After taking this course I was able to take a step back and see how technology is at work in the courses that I am currently taking compared to how little they were used as early as when I first started attending college. I also was able to get an idea of how much I will be using technology in my classroom when I become a teacher. I understand that we have to accommodate ourselves to the changes that take place daily, but I really don’t like the idea of too much technology in class. This technology class does not take that route of using technology obsessively, this I do like. In classes that I am currently taking today I was able to see that technology is the teacher now. I feel that we are taking this technology in the classroom to an unnecessary point.
Power points are a great way to show students vivid pictures of the lesson that is being taught. Too much power points can be very boring at times. A mix of technology and traditional teaching should be used in class. Using videos every now and then will do a lot for students who are visual learning. Today many students learn this way because of the technology that they have at home. Something that is very new to me, Digital Stories are great teaching for students today.
Should we try to accommodate to these students in class today? I think this is very important. Many tests are still being used in the normal traditional way. While doing this, this may affect students in a very bad way. When I become a teacher I will not use too much technology. I would like to use the more traditional teaching. I will however do whatever it takes to get my students attention. This class introduced me to the different types of technologies that can be used in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment