Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Reflection # 10

In this course I learned different ways of using technology in the classroom. The main subject learned in this class was making lesson plans. At this point I am still trying to understand and become an expert at making lesson plans, but I have a lot of practicing to do. I feel that I learned how much work a teacher has. There are deadlines a teacher must meet, just as we have assignments with deadlines. I am still working on becoming a better student with trying to make these deadlines. This class is showing me how important it is to meet the deadlines at the date it is due. I also learned how hard it is to make an interesting power point. I also learned how important it is to make a very good study sheet/ handout. The most important is how difficult it is to make a very good lesson plan.
A power point looks better when it is not a power point that I created. I now understand when trying to do an assignment, any assignment you should have nothing else on your mind but that assignment. Creating a power point takes a lot of attention from the individual trying to create the power point. At the end of the day while trying to create a power point we should always have an outline or an idea of how many slides you will include in the power points and what these slides will include. The most important is meeting the deadline for when the power point will and should be completed and turned in.
I also learned different ways of creating a handout. It is also very difficult to create a handout that would keep a child in elementary very interested. It’s not all about putting a whole bunch of color on the handout, it’s about using the appropriate type of wording for the grade that you will be presenting the hand out to. The grade level would play a very huge role on how elaborate and colorful your handout will be.
The last but really important assignment that was introduced to me during this course was lesson plans. Lesson plans is basically showing what is being done in the classroom and how it is being done. Lesson plans shows how everything is being done in the classroom. A very good lesson plan will show how effective the teacher is. The lesson plan will also show how experienced the teacher is. After learning everything that was being taught in this course I will look more experienced then I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment